Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Rice Paper Spring Rolls)
- Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Rice Paper Spring Rolls)
- 250 g steamed prawns, shelled and halved
- 75 g glass noodles
- ½ cup beansprouts, tailed
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander
- Some fresh basil leaves
- 15 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- Dipping sauce (mixed together)
- 1-2 tbsp cooled boiled water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 red chillies seeded and finely chopped
- 4 chilli padi, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan and blanch glass noodles for 3-5 minutes. Remove and drain well.
- Spray some water on the rice paper, then cover with a piece of damp tea towel. Leave aside for 7-8 minutes to soften. Or you can wipe the rice paper with a piece of damp tea towel and leave aside until it has softened and is ready for use.
- Place 3 halved prawns, some glass noodles, some beansprouts and coriander and basil leaves on the rice paper. Fold one end of the rice paper over the filling and roll up firmly. Press lightly to seal.
- Serve the rolls straight away with the dipping sauce.