Passionfruit and Banana Granola
Granola is delicious and you can easily put it together for breakfast. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- passionfruit & banana granola
- Liquid mixture
- 50 ml palm cooking oil
- 80 ml honey
- 1 tsp sea salt fine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g bananas ripe
- 100 g passion fruit pulp
- 500 g rolled oats
- Seeds & nuts mixture
- 100 g pumpkin seeds lightly toasted
- 100 g almond flakes toasted
- 100 g Dried Cranberries or raisins
- 100 g dried apricots
- Blend all the ingredients for the liquid mixture and mix with the oats. Spread mixture evenly in a single layer on baking trays.
- Bake in preheated oven with a fan at 130°C for 90 minutes; rotate the trays, gently turning the oats every 30 minutes so that they bake evenly, until dry and crisp.
- Cool before mixing with the seeds and nuts. Store in an airtight container. Just before serving, add in the dried fruits, then serve with milk or yoghurt, and fresh fruit.