Steamed Coconut with Egg White and Fresh Milk
Egg white and milk make smooth and silky puddings that are low in calories – what you call a guilt-free dessert. This recipe was first published in Amy Beh’s column, Cook’s Nook.
- STEAMED COCONUT WITH EGG WHITE AND FRESH MILK
- Remove the top of the coconut and pour the coconut water into a container. Reserve the coconut shell. Measure out 100ml of the coconut water and reserve the rest for another use.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut water and sugar, and place over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar and set aside to cool completely.
- Beat the egg whites with a fork without creating too much bubbles.
- Pour the cooled coconut water into the egg whites and stir to mix well.
- Strain the mixture and mix with the fresh milk.
- Pour the mixture into the coconut shell. Cover with a piece of aluminium foil and steam over medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to steam for a further 5 minutes (do not open the lid of the steamer).
- Remove and serve warm or chilled.