Spicy Smoked Beef Jerky Curry
- 280g of daging salai, or smoked beef jerky
- 2 cups of water
- 200ml coconut cream
- 3 sticks lemongrass
- 100g belimbing buloh, or bilimbi
- 200g terung telunjuk, or fingerling eggplant
- salt to taste
- 10 pods chilli api
- 5 pods red chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 knob fresh ginger
- 1 knob fresh turmeric
- Simmer smoked beef in water for 2 hours, or 40 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Blend together chilies, garlic, shallots, ginger, and turmeric.
- Pound bulbous end of lemongrass with the hilt of a knife.
- When the beef has become tender, add all ingredients and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve hot over rice.
You may also like