This recipe is best with
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 200g spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 packet popiah skin
- Enough oil to fry
- Crumble feta cheese with a fork.
- Wash and chop spinach, blanch it in hot water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Mix cheese, spinach, black pepper, cumin, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Place popiah skin onto a mild damp dish towel.
- Place 1 tsp of filling and roll it slowly.
- Brush with a little water on the edge of popiah skin and continue rolling to make a neat folding.
- Deep-fry until golden brown and serve.
- Note: You can substitute popiah skin with filo pastry. Add a pinch of chilli flakes and this will give a slightly spicy taste to the fillings. You can roll it with the fillings and chill it up to 2 days and then fry.