The porridge is great and we started our Martha at age 6 months. This porridge is served 6 table spoon for lunch and dinner. Adults can also take this meal as no additional salt or sugar is used and it taste great when warm (Martha is okay if the food is warm).
- 1 handful - Red spinach (bayam merah)
- 2 inch x 1 inch - Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp - Frozen green pea
- 2 inch x 1/2 inch - Tread fin fish (Ikan Kurau)
- 2 tbsp - white rice
- [Step A]: In a pot, boil rice + water for half an hour. Make sure that the water does not dry and stir frequently if needed.
- [Step B]: Place Red spinach in a small plate, cauliflower in a small plate, fish in a small plate and steam them all for 15-20 minutes of medium to big fire.
- [Step C]: Mix items in step A and B and puree (I also call it blend).
- How long to puree? It depends how coarse the baby is used to eat.
- Serve while slightly warm.
- Martha at age 8 months drinks her milk prior to the meal of 6 table spoons.
- Water is given to help her get the food down the tummy.