The Lunar New Year is only weeks away. Are you ready with the preparation to welcome the festivities? Kuali.com is here to provide countless kitchen inspirations for the celebration, starting with this recipe on Almond Crunch.
The Cantonese pronunciation for almond is hang yan. Hang is part of weng hang meaning perpetual. Yan sounds like ngan, which means money or silver.
So the significance of giving almonds during Lunar New Year is symbolic of wishing the recipient perpetual fortune and prosperity.
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Asian-style Braised Beef With Orange
- Fishy snack: Crispy Ikan Bilis
- Salad recipes to help use up leftover Easter eggs
- Green Tea Raisin Rolls
- Chicken Breast With Pappardelle And Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Tapioca with Sweet Potato Fries
- Buka Puasa Buffet with Aneka Rasa at Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur