- Line baking trays with greased baking paper.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and stir in salt and ground almonds to mix.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and essences until light.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place them on the prepared trays. Press down slightly to flatten with a meat mallet. Brush with egg white and decorate with almond slivers.
- Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight jars.
You may also like