- Preheat oven at 170°C and line baking trays with non-stick parchment paper. Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add in oats, sugar and desiccated coconut to mix.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until butter melts. In the meantime combine bicarbonate of soda and boiling water in a small jug.
- Bring the melted butter mixture away from the heat and stir in bicarbonate of soda. Stir well to combine. Pour this mixture into the flour and oat mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into small balls and place on prepared trays. Allow enough space in between the cookies to expand. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- The cookies will still be slightly soft after baking. Leave on the trays for 10-15 minutes, then transfer onto wire racks to cool completely before storing in airtight jars.
You may also like