Read more at http://www1.kuali.com/recipe/apom-2/#qZSeqOmHC7MpMz8z.99
- 300 g rice flour
- 240-270 ml coconut milk from ½ a grated coconut
- ¾ tsp instant dried yeast granules
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- 60 g castor sugar
- Combine rice flour, yeast, salt, sugar and coconut milk in a mixing bowl. Stir into a smooth batter then cover with a clean tea towel. Leave mixture to rest for 40-45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Heat a miniature kuali or pan over medium high heat. Lightly grease the kuali with a piece of oiled cloth. Pour a ladle of batter into the kuali. Swirl the batter to coat the kuali evenly, then cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes over a gentle low heat.
- Once the edges are light golden brown, use a spatula to scrape around under the apom. Lift it out of the pan and continue with the rest of the batter.