- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour and cornflour in a mixing bowl. Add oil to mix, then pour in just enough water gradually, and mix into a smooth batter.
- Place a rectangular tray in a big steamer and steam over high heat for 3-4 minutes. When the tray is heated up, place a piece of damp fine muslin cloth over it.
- Pour in a ladlefull or approximately 200 ml batter.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped char siu or shelled prawns along one side of the batter, if you like.
- Steam for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Lightly grease a marble top with corn oil. When the rice rolls are ready, flip over the piece of muslin cloth with the cooked rice roll.
- Lightly scrape off the rice roll and roll up.
- Serve with fragrant soy sauce and chilli sauce.
You may also like