- 180g plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 130ml water
- 1 bombay onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chilli
- Extra plain flour
- Enough oil for deep-frying
- Combine ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. Gradually add in water to mix into a dough. Set aside to rest for 50-60 minutes.
- Mix in ingredients (B). Dust hands with extra flour and shape dough into oblong pieces of about 6.5cm-7cm lengths. Taper the ends.
- Heat wok with oil and deep-fry fritters until golden brown. Drain well and cut into slanting pieces.