This recipe is best with
- 250g milk
- 25g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 35g corn flour/starch
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150g praline paste
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 of the milk. Combine the remaining milk with the sugar in the saucepan; bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Beat the yolks into cornstarch mixture. Pour 1/3 of the boiling milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the remaining milk to a boil. Pour into hot egg mixture in a stream, whisking until the cream thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and beat in the butter and vanilla and lastly, the praline paste.
- Pour the cream into a stainless steel pan. Press plastic wrap directly against the surface, so it won't form a film. Chill immediately.
- To Assemble Paris Brest: Split the pastry shell in half horizontally and remove any wet pieces of dough. Then pipe the whipped cream into the hollow centre of the shell.
- Place the top half of the pastry shell on the whipped cream and dust with powdered icing sugar.