- 5 pieces tempe (fermented soya bean cakes)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Enough oil for deep-frying
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the fermented soya bean cakes into cubes.
- Add the combined seasoning ingredients and toss briefly.
- Set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry soya bean cubes till lightly golden and crispy.
- Remove and serve immediately with chilli sauce for dipping.