This recipe is best with
- 175g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 90g cold butter
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 65g onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced leek
- 1 tbsp butter
- 45g chopped spring onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 45g whipping cream
- 110ml fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- For the crust, put flour and salt into a mixing bowl and rub in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add cold water and mix to form a firm dough. Place dough in a plastic bag and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to line a 20cm nonstick spring-form pie pan. Trim off the excess and prick the base with a fork. Line with greaseproof paper. Fill with red or green beans. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes then remove paper and beans.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and melt butter. Add onion and leek; sauté until fragrant. Add chopped spring onion and fry for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Set aside. Transfer filling to the crust.
- Combine beaten eggs, whipping cream, fresh milk, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Pour into the crust and sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool for 5-10 minutes.