- Grease a 20cm round baking tin. Put butter, soft brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens slightly. Pour the mixture over the base of the tin. Keep aside a few apple slices and arrange the rest on the base of the tin.
- Spread the chopped cranberries in between the apples. Leave aside.
- Beat butter, margarine, sugar, salt and essence until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and stir in cranberries and the remaining apple slices to mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 170°C and continue to bake for another 40 minutes.
You may also like