- 10g pow sum soe (hairs of ginseng roots), rinsed
- A handful dried chrysanthemum flowers (kok fah)
- 4 green apples, skinned and cubed
- 150g honeycomb rock sugar
- 1.5 litres water
- Bring water to a boil and steep the chrysanthemum flowers for 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the flowers.
- Strain the chrysanthemum flower water into an electric crock-pot. Add the ginseng roots and sugar and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Add the apples and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.