- 125g butter, melted
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 165ml milk
- 250g Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2tsp cinnamon powder
- 235g icing sugar
- 50g raisins
- Grease, line and grease a 20cm round or square cake tin. Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Sift flour and cinnamon powder into a mixing bowl. Stir in icing sugar and add raisins to mix.
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence, eggs and milk. Lastly, mix in chopped apples. Stir in using a hand whisk. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan. Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed.