- Line the base and sides of a rectangular pan (25cm x 8cm) with foil. Lightly grease the foil. Sprinkle gelatine over the cold water in a small bowl and set aside for five to 10 minutes.
- Pour apple juice and sugar into a small saucepan. Heat up and stir until sugar dissolves but without boiling.
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer without stirring for about 12-15 minutes or until a teaspoon of the mixture will form a hard ball when dropped into a cup of cold water.
- Bring sugar mixture away from the heat and leave aside to allow the bubbles to subside. Combine dissolved gelatine, lemon juice and apple sugar syrup together.
- Add a tinge of green food colouring and pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Leave aside to cool completely then refrigerate or chill until firm.
- Cut the sugar jelly into small square cubes. Put the cubes onto a wire rack and leave aside uncovered for half a day.
- Combine the extra sugar and dried-out sugar jellies in a mixing bowl. Toss well until cubes are well coated with sugar.
You may also like