- Quarter the apple, then core and cut each quarter into 2mm thick slices.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and brush a 20cm cake pan with melted butter. Line the base and sides with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour followed by the evaporated milk.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Smooth the surface and press the apple wedges into the batter. Sprinkle with the extra cinnamon powder.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
- Leave cake for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You may also like