- 1 lohan guo (Buddha's fruit), broken into pieces
- 15g yongsum soe (hair of ginseng roots), rinsed
- 15 red Chinese dates, seeded and rinsed
- 25g dried longan
- 30g chook shan (dried bamboo pith), soaked and both ends trimmed
- 50g fresh prepared lotus seeds
- 100g rock sugar
- 2 litres water
- Combine lohan guo, yong sum soe, dates and water in a cooking pot.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Add rock sugar, dried longan, bamboo pith, lotus seeds and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot immediately.