In India, any celebration is incomplete without sweet treats and one such popular sweet is Gujiya. An easy to prepare sweet that can be made with some easily accessible ingredients like khoya, sugar, almonds, green cardamom, semolina and flour. Gujiya is quite famous during Diwali, Holi and Teej. The most enjoyable thing about this delicacy is the blend of sweet, soft-rich filling and crispy coating.
- 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 200 gm khoya
- 1 tablespoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the all-purpose flour and water and knead it well. Add some ghee too.
- Take a frying pan and sautekhoya and semolina till it turns golden, keep it aside and let it cool.
- To prepare the filling for Gujiya you need to add sugar, green cardamom and soaked almonds to the khoya and mix them well. You can add some dry roasted nuts and raisins to make it more delicious and crunchy. Spread 2 drops of ghee on your palms for the next step.
- Make puris from the dough and fill them with the sumptuous mixture you made. Seal the corners and roll the sides as per the design you want.
- Take a pan and heat ghee over medium flame. Fry the Gujiyas till they turn golden brown from all the sides. For garnishing use some saffron strands and crushed pistachios.