- Soak the beans in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and steam on high heat for 20 minutes.
- Peel the orange and reserve flesh for some other use.
- Slice the orange peel.
- Bring the rock sugar, castor sugar, water and pandan leaves to a boil.
- Add the beans, orange peel and water chestnut solution.
- Cook until the soup thickens slightly and has a translucent look.
- Serve with the thinly sliced Chinese crullers.
- Note: LEE WENG ENG is a Teochew and owner-chef of the New Formosa Restaurant. Trained in Taiwan and Hong Kong, he specialises in Teochew, Sichuan and Taiwanese cuisine.
You may also like