- Some bamboo leaves and hempstring, soaked
- Soak the red beans, black-eyed beans, split green peas and lotus seeds separately overnight. Drain. Heat sesame oil and corn oil in a wok, fry shallots until fragrant.
- Add red beans, black-eyed beans and lotus seeds. Stir-fry well. Add glutinous rice and split green peas. Mix in seasoning and toss and fry for 2-3 minutes. Dish out.
- Overlap two bamboo leaves and fold into a cone. Fill the cone with 3 tbsp rice mixture, then fold the bamboo leaves to form a neat pyramid. Secure tightly with hempstring.
- Repeat to finish up with the rice mixture to make more dumplings.
- Cook dumplings in a pot of boiling water. Add 1 tbsp of salt and corn oil.
- Cook for 2-2½ hours or until dumplings are done.
You may also like