IN my house for Christmas, my mother would always insist that we had two types of Christmas cake one drenched in brandy, and another kosher one for our very Muhibbah set of friends and neighbours.
- 345g dried fruits ¾ glass water
- 144g butter
- 7 tbsp condensed milk
- 144g flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp sodium bicarbonate
- Grease and line an 18cm tin with baking paper.
- Chop fruits and place in a saucepan with water, butter and condensed milk. Bring to the boil and allow to boil for three minutes. Cool, then add baking powder and sodium bicarbonate, and then sift the flour into it.
- Mix well, and pour into the prepared tin.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 160°C and bake for 1¼ hours.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before turning out. Decorate as desired.