Another yummy recipe for bubs to try. Babies are super smart and they start to have a preference for certain foods from 8 months, if yours is like mine. To get bubs to get a hang of the delicious wonders of the avocado, packed with omega-3 and rich in mono unsaturated fat and Vitamin, I made them early (about 6+ months) and then some last weekend.
Learnt from trial and error but it’s easy to identify ripe avocados. For use immediately, find those that have a nice even brown colour all over and is firm to the touch. Too soft and that usually indicates its too ripe and you will find the flesh having gone bad within.
If you have time, buy them in advance. Choose those which still looks green with brown specks all around. Ripen them at home and you would be able to control when to cut it.
Puree can last up to 2-3 months in the freezer but I would recommend making enough for 1 week as you would want your baby to try other food.
- 1 avocado, ripe
- adequate breastmilk, drinking water or formula, to blend
- Cut in half and twist to open up the halves. Remove the seed in the middle. Cut into chunks to be placed in blender.
- Blend until creamy, adding water when necessary to achieve the right consistency.
- Portion the puree (about 1-2 tablespoons each) into a clean ice cube tray and freeze till frozen.
- Transfer the frozen cubes into a resealable bag and store in a labeled section in the freezer to prevent from mixing with other foods.
- To serve, remove one cube from the bag, melt and mix with formula milk or water as desired.
- Enjoy your time feeding bubs!