This chicken dish goes well with Nasi Kerabu.
- 5 pcs chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp ginger (blended)
- 1/2 cup shallot (blended)
- 1 tbsp galangal (blended)
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 3 cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- 20 ml tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- glutinous rice flour (optional)
- Marinate chicken thighs in this paste for about 1/2 hour.
- Put marinated chicken thighs in a pot and pour thin coconut milk over it.
- Add cardamon and cloves and cook over medium heat until chicken is partly cook, about 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the pot, leaving the sauce in pot.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook under the oven grill (broiler) at medium heat.
- Discard cardamon and cloves and add tamarind juice, chilli paste, thick coconut milk and glutinous rice flour into the pot and stir.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar and cook until it thickens.
- Stir continuously. When the sauce thickens, pour some sauce over the chicken and return to grill.
- Cook until the sauce begins to dry up a little.
- Then turn the chicken over and pour some sauce over and cook again.
- Repeat this process of coating the chicken with the sauce 4 times until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.