- To make syrup: Boil ingredients together with pandan leaf until sugar dissolves, then leave to cool.
- To make glutinous rice flour balls:Boil lotus seeds, and gingko nuts till soft and tender. Soak in syrup for two to three hours. Drain well. Boil the dried longan flesh until it is fully opened.
- Mix the glutinous rice flour with the sugar and water to form a dough. Divide into four equal portions and add colouring of your choice to each portion.
- Place a little of each type of filling, including the boiled longan flesh, into the centre of each portion of coloured dough. Shape into a ball.
- Cook balls in a pot of boiling water until they float to the surface. Remove with a wire mesh ladle or slotted spoon and soak cooked balls in cool syrup.
- Drain well, then serve sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
You may also like