This is a simple recipe which combines the goodness of durian in a cheesecake. Try bake this amazing durian cheese cake at home now!
This recipe is best with
- Biscuits base (mix all together):
- 170g digestive biscuits (crushed)
- 30g brown sugar
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 50g corn flakes
- 180g butter (melted)
- Durian filling:
- 500g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 20g corn flour
- 200g sour cream or natural yogurt
- 150g whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 500g durian (mashed)
- Press the biscuit base into a springform pan 23cm (9in) and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
- For durian filling, beat cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth, dissolve corn flour in sour cream, and mix into the cheese mixture.
- Blend in cream until mixture thickens and slowly beat in eggs one at a time.
- Lastly, add in the durian and mix until just combined.
- Pour filling on biscuit base. Place cake pan in water bath and bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is set but still wobbly at the centre. Turn off the oven.
- Leave cake in oven for 30 minutes with the door ajar.
- Remove cake from water bath and allow the cake to cool before refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold the cake and garnish as desired. Serve.