- Heat sesame oil in a wok and fry ginger slices until fragrant. Add mushrooms followed by tong kwai and tong sum. Toss and fry well. Dish out and put aside.
- Rub marinade ingredients well over the chicken. Add Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine last then leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Stuff the pre-fried mushroom mixture into the cavity of the chicken.
- Combine all dough ingredients (B) in an electric mixer. Beat at low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Remove and roll dough into a round ball. Leave aside.
- Place chicken on a piece of greaseproof paper and wrap up with foil into a neat parcel.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle big enough to wrap the chicken parcel. Place chicken parcel in the middle of the dough.
- Fold the four sides over the parcel overlapping the edges.
- Place the entire big parcel on a lightly greased tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 40 minutes or until the dough turns golden brown.
- Remove parcel and crack the dough then open the chicken parcel and serve immediately.
You may also like