- 550g spareribs, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 5 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and shredded
- 15 thin slices tong kwai, soaked for 3-4 hours and well drained
- 16 x 16cm greaseproof paper (15 pieces)
- 20 x 20cm aluminium foil (15 pieces)
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Blanch spareribs in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove, rinse and drain well. Combine with shredded mushrooms, tong kwai slices and seasoning. Leave aside to marinate for several hours to allow flavours to develop.
- Steam the marinated spareribs for 20 minutes. Divide spareribs into 15 portions. Wrap each portion in greaseproof paper, then in aluminium foil.
- Bake the prepared packets in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked through.