This recipe is best with
- 600g pumpkin
- 50g whole almonds
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Seasoning (combined):
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Clean and remove seeds from the pumpkin. Cut into thick slices using the ridges as a guide.
- Line baking tray with aluminium foil. Make a slit on each piece of pumpkin and press in almonds as shown in the picture. Arrange the prepared pumpkin slices on the foil.
- Brush pumpkin with melted butter and sprinkle with a little of the combined seasoning.
- Cover the tray with another piece of foil and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Remove pumpkin onto individual plates. Serve at once while pumpkin is still warm.