- Mix yeast with lukewarm water. Sprinkle a little sugar and flour over and leave aside for 10 minutes to froth.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the egg. Add sifted flours, salt and milk powder. Stir in fermented yeast mixture and cold water. Mix into a dough.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Put dough in a lightly floured bowl.
- Leave aside covered with a piece of cling film wrap for 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Take dough out onto a lightly floured tabletop and roll out into 0.5cm thickness.
- Sprinkle over with cinnamon powder, brown sugar and arrange butter slices around. Spread the raisins and spread the banana liberally around.
- Roll the dough tightly (Swiss roll style) into a long fat cylinder. Cut into 5 cm thickness.
- Arrange pieces in a greased chiffon pan. Put the chiffon pan into a big loose plastic bag. Tie up and leave aside to proof for 35-40 minutes.
- Brush lightly with egg wash and sprinkle almond flakes over.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
You may also like