- [Cake] : *Do the topping before baking the cake. Preheat oven to 180C
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar slowly. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add one egg at a time till incorporated.
- Slow speed, add in or fold in sour cream.
- Add vanilla extract / essence.
- Fold in sifted flour mixture. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour cake batter over the bananas and gently spread it.
- Bake for 40 minutes (golden brown top) or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cake rest for 15 minutes with a cloth on top.
- Unmould the cake sides. Turn it over on a serving plate, pressing the cake pan bottom to release the cake and bananas.
- [Topping] : Slice bananas and toss it with lime / lemon juice to prevent the bananas from turning brown.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the caramel into a 9in greased cake pan. Make sure caramel covers the base of the pan surface.
- Arrange bananas over the base of cake pan.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts (optional).
- *Do the topping before baking the cake.
You may also like