I modified my all time favorite banana walnut cake recipe to have lesser sugar and added medjool dates as sugar alternatives. Medjool dates are packed full of vitamins, minerals and fiber, the health benefits are remarkable. This is an easy cake to bake. I hope you enjoy it!I
- 170g Unsalted Butter (Room temperature)
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Coarse Grain White sugar
- 150g Pitted Medjool Dates, chopped
- 60g Walnut, chopped
- 2 Bananas, mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- With mixer, cream butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix evenly.
- Add walnut, dates and banana. Mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder to cake mix in small batches. Fold it in gently.
- Line loaf pan (25cm x 11cm x 6cm) base with parchment paper and pour cake mix into pan.
- Put pan into oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- When top is golden brown, insert a skewer into the center, if it comes out clean, cake is ready.
- Wait for cake to cool down before cutting it.