- 1.2kg sugar
- 55g preserved soybean paste
- 55g hoisin sauce
- 20g fermented bean curd (nam yue)
- 500ml light soya sauce
- 250ml dark soya sauce
- Red dye (optional)
- 1.5kg belly pork (remove skin)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Mix the marinade ingredients.
- Divide pork belly into five strips (about 300g each).
- Marinate pork belly strips for about 3 hours.
- Carefully pierce the marinated pork belly strips vertically with a skewer.
- Roast pork belly in the oven for 30 minutes, basting the meat with the marinade every ten minutes.