- Cut ribs into serving size portions and place in a large mixing bowl. Add combined marinade ingredients, ginger slices, star anise and garlic.
- Stir and mix with the r ibs until well coated.
- Transfer to an airtight container and marinate for several hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove ribs from marina de and arrange on a greased wire rack. Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 50-60 minutes. Baste the ribs occasionally with the marinade.
- Add maltose to the remaining marinade ingredients and simmer over very low heat until the maltose dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over the ribs in the ov en and continue to cook for a further 5 -10 minutes or until they are done to your liking.
You may also like