- 350g lean minced meat (pork, beef or chicken)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ a stick celery, finely diced
- ½ a red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ a green capsicum, finely diced
- 120g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, sweat the onion and celery until soft. Add red and green capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced meat. Stir and cook to break up the mince. Fry until lightly browned. Add tomatoes and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the mince is thick or the gravy is reduced. Leave to cool completely before use.