Beef Bulgogi Kimchi Wrap is a mouthwatering, Korean-inspired wrap. It a great choice to jazz up breakfast or lunch.
This recipe is courtesy of Mission Foods. This gourmet wrap will be sold on Mission Foods’ Little Red Food Truck, which was launched recently.
- 1 kg very thinly sliced beef topside
- 1 small brown onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 nashi pear (peeled and cored)
- 6 garlic cloves ()
- ½cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (plus 2sesame oil, for frying)
- ¼cup cold water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- To serve
- 6 Korean sesame leaves (perilla)
- 3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 3 cups kimchi (sliced)
- 1 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 large green chillies (thinly sliced)
- 6 Garlic wraps
- For the bulgogi, combine the onion, nashi, garlic, soy saue, sugar, honey and 1 tbsp sesame oil in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. Combine with the beef and marinade overnight. Heat the extra sesame oil in a large frypan and fry the bulgogi in batches until well caramelised. Scatter with the sesame seeds.
- To serve, lay a sesame leaf on each wrap and top with the lettuce, kimchi, mayonnaise and chillies. Wrap and serve.