Korean food is fragrant, spicy and hearty. Enjoy this simple beef stew in the comfort of your home, made authentic with Asian touches of rice wine, mushrooms and soy sauce. Source: NutriAsia Recipes
- 2 Tbsp GOLDEN FIESTA Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 kg beef spareribs , cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup DATU PUTI Soy Sauce
- 2 pc onion, chopped
- 5-6 cups water
- 2 cups rice wine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 pc dried Chinese mushrooms , soaked in water
- 1 cup cubed carrot
- 1 pc sili pansigang , sliced
- ½ tsp UFC Iodized Salt
- ¼ tsp UFC Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pc egg, cooked as omelet, then cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp chopped spring onions
- Marinate beef in Datu Puti Soy Sauce and garlic for at least 30 minutes. Drain, reserve marinade.
- Saute garlic from marinade, then add onion and beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until beef turns brown. Add water, marinade, rice wine, sugar, mushrooms, UFC Salt and UFC Pepper. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender (or pressure cook for 30 minutes).
- Add carrots, and sili. Simmer until carrots are done. Transfer into bowl. Top with sesame seeds, omelet and spring onions .