This recipe is best with
- 225g beef, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 button mushrooms, diced
- 50g chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 slices red capsicum rings
- 5-6 slices cucumber
- 2 black pepper cheese slices
- A dash of black pepper
- A little olive oil
- Combine minced beef, salt, pepper, ginger and onion together. Stir to mix. Divide mixture into three equal portions. Shape each portion into a 2cm thick patty.
- Arrange the patty to a plastic bag and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick saucepan until hot. Put in the patties one at a time and cook both sides (to the preferred doneness).
- Lightly sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and add a dash of ground black pepper. Once done, remove the patties from the pan.
- Add a little olive to the pan again, crack the eggs, one at a time and fry sunny side up to your preferred doneness.
- Lightly spread butter on split bun halves and place on a hot griddle. Toast until warm.
- Remove and place a beef patty on the bottom half of the bun. Top with capsicum slices, cucumber and a slice of cheese.
- Add fried egg and cover with the top half of the bun. Serve immediately. Great for kids. They will love it.