A must-try beef hor fun recipe!
- 150g beef fillet, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- Seasoning (A)
- 1tsp old ginger juice
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp corn flour
- 1tsp oil (to be added last)
- 350g fresh flat rice noodles (hor fun)
- 1tbsp light soy sauce combined with 1 tbsp water
- 100g mustard greens (sawi), trimmed 1 tbsp oil
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 1stalk spring onion, cut into 3cm lengths
- 3-4 thin slices young ginger
- Sauce (B) (combined)
- 1/2tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2tsp oyster sauce
- 1tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4tsp sugar
- 1/2tsp chicken stock granules
- 5-6tbsp water
- 2-3tsp corn flour
- Marinate beef with (A) and set aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a wok, add in marinated beef and scald for 40-45 minutes. Drain the meat and leave aside.
- Heat wok with 1 tablespoon oil and swirl the wok around so that the oil coats the pan well. Use the spatula to remove any excess oil, then add in the rice noodles. Fry the noodles briskly in the hot wok for 1-2 minutes. Add the combined soy sauce mixture and fry the noodles well. Dish out and place on a serving platter.
- Heat a clean wok with 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry mustard greens and beansprouts for 30-40 seconds. Remove and place around the noodles.
- Reheat wok with a little oil and fry ginger slices until fragrant. Add in combined sauce ingredients (B). Return the pre-cooked beef and fry briskly. Add a dash of sesame oil and a little more oil to glaze the gravy. Pour the gravy and beef over the noodles and serve immediately.