This recipe is best with
- 125g butter
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 160g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 300g fresh mulberries
- 160g soft butter
- 90g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 220g plain flour, sifted
- 11/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease baking pan. Set aside.
- In an electric beater, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and yolk, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla essence.
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda. Fold in the flour, alternating with yoghurt, into the mixture.
- Lastly, fold in berries. Spoon the mixture into baking pan.
- To make the topping, sift plain flour, baking powder, soda, salt and ground cinnamon into a bowl. Use a fork to mix in butter till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cake mixture. Bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and the cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.