- Put thick coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over very low heat. Remove and leave aside to cool completely.
- Combine lukewarm water, flour and instant yeast in a small bowl and leave aside to froth.
- Mix both flours, sugar, coconut water, egg yolks, essence and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add fermented yeast mixture and the cooled coconut milk to mix.
- Leave mixture aside, covered with a damp tea towel to ferment for 2-3 hours.
- Turn batter into a lightly greased tray and bake in preheated oven at 200°C and grill until the top of the cake is golden brown.
You may also like