- 160g black glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 1 litre water
- 100g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 screwpine leaves
- 40g dried longan flesh, rinsed
- 75g frozen fresh lotus seeds
- 50g dried pak hup, rinsed
- Boil glutinous rice in water until rice grains split. Add sugar, salt and screwpine leaves. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Combine dried longans, pak hup and frozen fresh lotus seeds in a small plate. Sprinkle a little sugar over them and steam for 30 minutes. Add steamed longans to the glutinous rice and continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes. Dish out this dessert broth and top up with steamed lotus seeds and pak hup just before serving.