- 1 pig´s trotter (1.5kg), cut into serving pieces
- 400ml black vinegar
- 500ml water
- 200g old ginger, skinned and smashed lightly
- 300g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Blanch trotter pieces in boiling water. Remove and drain well. Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp cooking oil, fry ginger till golden brown and aromatic.
- Dish out and transfer ginger into a claypot and add the black vinegar, water and brown sugar then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes till ginger turns soft. Add the trotter and simmer till it is soft and tender.