- 200g black-eyed beans, soaked overnight and cooked (Do not overcook - beans must be firm to the touch)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup young ginger, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 dry chilli, cut into short lengths
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Pop the mustard seeds in oil, then add in the curry leaves and dry chilli. Fry till crispy. Stir in the beans, add salt to taste and turmeric powder.
- Turn off the flame and mix beans with grated coconut. (This is to ensure that the coconut does not cook.)
- Dish out and set aside to cool before combining with the rest of the ingredients. Before serving, squeeze in some lemon juice.