- To prepare whipping cream: Beat the whipping cream and gradually add the well chilled fresh milk. Beat until cream is smooth and light.
- Line and grease a 21cm round cake pan. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat eggs, sugar and essence until light and fluffy. Sift in flour. Using a balloon whisk, mix until mixture is well combined. Add milk followed by melted butter. Stir to mix into a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sponge is cooked. Cool cake on a wire rack.
- Slice sponge cake into three layers. Spread one layer with whipped cream and spread a layer of blueberry pie filling over it.
- Top with a second layer of sponge and do the same as above. Place the last layer on top.
- Spread the entire cake with more whipped cream and add almond flakes around the sides of the cake. Add blueberry filling in the centre of cake and garnish with maraschino cherries.
You may also like