Blueberry and cinnamon create a perfect combination in this recipe for bread rolls. Try baking them today!
Kuali is now an APP! Get recipes at your fingertips by downloading the app on App Store or Google Play! We would also appreciate if you can give us your feedback on the app through this poll. Thank you!
- 300g high protein flour
- 60g superfine flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tsp bread improver
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60g castor sugar and 1tsp castor sugar
- 11g instant dried yeast
- 110g lukewarm water
- 30g butter
- 110g lukewarm fresh milk
- 10g melted butter
- A little cinnamon powder and icing sugar, combined
- 50g blueberry pie filling
- 15g toasted almond nibs
- Glaze (beaten together):
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- Sift both flours and put, with the salt and bread improver, into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix in milk powder and 60g sugar. Combine yeast, 1tsp sugar and lukewarm water in a small cup. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until it turns frothy.
- Add the frothy yeast mixture to the dry ingredients. Add butter and lukewarm milk to mix into a soft and pliable dough.
- Remove dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch down the dough and knead lightly.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured table top. Roll out into a flat rectangular sheet. Brush lightly with enough melted butter. Spread with a layer of blueberry pie filling. Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and icing sugar. Roll up tightly and cut into 10 equal portions.
- Arrange the rolled dough in a lightly greased tray. Cover with cling film and set aside to proof for about 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 5-6 minutes. Remove and brush with glaze. Sprinkle with almond nibs and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until well risen.