Blueberry and cinnamon create a perfect combination in this recipe for bread rolls. Try baking them today!
- 300g high protein flour
- 60g superfine flour
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tsp bread improver
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60g castor sugar and 1tsp castor sugar
- 11g instant dried yeast
- 110g lukewarm water
- 30g butter
- 110g lukewarm fresh milk
- 10g melted butter
- A little cinnamon powder and icing sugar, combined
- 50g blueberry pie filling
- 15g toasted almond nibs
- Glaze (beaten together):
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- Sift both flours and put, with the salt and bread improver, into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix in milk powder and 60g sugar. Combine yeast, 1tsp sugar and lukewarm water in a small cup. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until it turns frothy.
- Add the frothy yeast mixture to the dry ingredients. Add butter and lukewarm milk to mix into a soft and pliable dough.
- Remove dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch down the dough and knead lightly.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured table top. Roll out into a flat rectangular sheet. Brush lightly with enough melted butter. Spread with a layer of blueberry pie filling. Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and icing sugar. Roll up tightly and cut into 10 equal portions.
- Arrange the rolled dough in a lightly greased tray. Cover with cling film and set aside to proof for about 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 5-6 minutes. Remove and brush with glaze. Sprinkle with almond nibs and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until well risen.