The reunion dinner before Chinese New Year is a very important event.It is more than just a meal; it is a time when family members who are scattered across the country and the globe return home and celebrate the reunion by feasting on mum
- 3 cups fragrant rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped dried prawns, rinsed
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh chicken stock
- 2 pairs preserved Chinese sausage
- 2 preserved goose liver sausage
- 1 piece Chinese waxed duck thigh
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Cooking wine
- Scald Chinese sausage and goose liver sausage in boiling water. Remove and put aside. Scald waxed duck drumstick then leave in the hot water for 8-10 minutes. Dish out.
- Heat sesame oil and fry shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add ginger and dried prawns. Continue to fry for a while until aromatic. Add rice and seasoning. Stir-fry to combine.
- Transfer rice mixture to an electric rice cooker. Pour in fresh chicken stock. Stir well to mix. Place the Chinese sausage over and cook.
- Once it starts to boil, arrange the waxed duck and goose liver sausage over. Allow to cook until the rice is fully cooked.
- Remove waxed duck and all the sausages and cut into slices. Toss the rice and transfer rice to a heated claypot and arrange the meat over the rice. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.